Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is a 2 day course designed to ensure that you learn the key techniques to safely administer first aid to children and babies. It remains a legal requirement for at least one person with a valid full 12-hour paediatric first aid certificate to be available at all times within a professional child care establishment.
This qualification fulfils OFSTEDs first aid requirements for early year’s teachers, nursery workers and child minders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide).
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Assess situations to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a child or baby
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including during a seizure)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking or having respiratory problems
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Recognise serious illness and take appropriate action
- Provide treatment for minor injuries
- Understand and identify childhood diseases
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (3 day)
||£ 110 + VAT pp (Group Discounts Available)